Open Tennis Tournaments
We are delighted that the Annual Open Tennis Tournaments can take place this summer. They can be downloaded below:
- The tournament referee is Mark Nash: email address is (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The tournament committee is Dawson Bunn, Tracey Chatterton, Barry Hewer and Mark Nash. The decision of the tournament committee is final.
- ALL matches must be played by the specified date. All players in the draw are responsible for arranging the match. In the event that a match has not been completed by the specified “play by” date the referee reserves the right to scratch players from the tournament. If there is a problem in arranging a match the referee should be informed as soon as possible.
- Players should ensure that sufficient court time is booked for the match to be completed. Tournament matches DO NOT have priority over other court bookings. If a match has not been finished it should either be continued, or replayed, at a later date.
- Matches MUST NOT be played during the regular weekly club sessions without express permission from the tournament referee. Players will be required to IMMEDIATELY vacate that court if it is required for club use. In addition, club balls will not be provided, and should not be used, under any circumstances, for tournament matches.
- If you know now that you are unavailable to play in the Finals on 19th September please withdraw your entry.
- Matches are a best of 3 sets with tiebreaks in all 3 sets
Matches must be played by the following dates:
1st Round: Sunday 13 June (Men’s Singles only)
2nd Round: Sunday 27 June
3rd Round: Sunday 18 July
Quarter-finals: Sunday 15 August
Semi-finals: Sunday 5 September
FINALS DAY: Sunday 19 September
Midweek Round Robin Tennis
The following midweek round robin tennis are planned for:
9.30am, Tuesday 5 October
9.30am, Thursday 9 December
2.00-5.00-pm, Saturday 18 December for the Christmas round robin