Reopening of Swimming Pools
Swimming Pool Guidance
We ask that you follow the below guidance when visiting the Club for a swim, to keep both members and staff safe:
- Sessions last for up to 60 minutes which also includes use of the sports area and changing time. You must leave the sports area within your 60 minutes.
- The swim session timings will change slightly throughout the day.
Where possible, arrive ‘swim ready’ to reduce the amount of time required within changing rooms. Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before the start of your booked session. There is no space for waiting within the Sports Areas. To assist with this, please come activity ready and minimise the amount of time spent in the changing rooms.
- Face coverings must be worn, except in the pool area itself. This includes in the changing rooms, except when showering. This conforms to the 1m+ standard as adequate social distancing.
- Please completely vacate your changing station after changing before and after swimming, do not leave any bags, clothes or other belongings there.
- We also ask that members who have booked a session to notify the Sports Teams if they are unable to make the session. It has been noted that some booked sessions are not attended and this denies another member access to the pool at a time of high demand.
- Members Guests are not permitted until Monday 3 May.
Cancellation and No-Show Fee
A fee will be implemented for no-shows and cancellations giving less than 24 hours’ notice: £10.00 at Cedars Sports and £20.00 at Pall Mall.
The demand will be high from fellow members so we ask that reasonable notice given if you are unable to make a booked session. Please email the relevant Reception in this case.
Due to expected high demand, there is a maximum of 3 bookings per person, per activity in a single 7 day period (Mon to Sun). This will be reviewed regularly and relaxed where possible. Thank you for your understanding.
Family Swimming Sessions
Woodcote Park: Weekdays 4.30 – 5.30pm; Weekends, 2.15-3.15pm and 3.30-4.30pm
Special notice – Between Monday 12 April and Friday 16 April, Family Swim at Cedars is open to all the family. From 17 April when the Walled Garden Pool opens, children aged 0 to 8 years old will be required to use the Walled Garden Pool. Children aged 9 and over may use the Cedars Pool during Open Swim and family swim sessions. The use of Cedars pool for younger children will be permitted only if they possess the proficiency to swim one length unaided (30m). This is also in line with the Swim England stage 4 award. A child using Cedars may be asked to demonstrate their ability to a member of the Cedars Team.
Open Swim Sessions
Open swim sessions are open to all members including children to allow free swimming and there are no lane ropes. Please be aware of other swimmers and maintain at least 2 metres social distance.
Unfortunately, at this time guests or non-swimming members are not permitted in the pool or spectating area.
Due to the nature of Open Swimming Sessions, it is not possible to book these online. To book a this Session, please contact Cedars Sports Reception via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 01372 229266.
Please note places are limited and book up very quickly. Please provide your membership numbers and Woodcote Juniors membership numbers when booking to prevent any delay.
Special notice – Between Monday 12 April and Friday 16 April, the Open Swim at Cedars is open to all the family. From 17 April when the Walled Garden Pool opens, children aged 0 to 8 years old will be required to use the Walled Garden Pool. Children aged 9 and over may use the Cedars Pool during Open Swim and family swim sessions. The use of Cedars pool for younger children will be permitted only if they possess the proficiency to swim one length unaided (30m). This is also in line with the Swim England stage 4 award. A child using Cedars may be asked to demonstrate their ability to a member of the Cedars Team.
Monday to Friday:
- 10.15pm – 11.15pm
- 2.00pm – 3.00pm
- 3.15pm – 4.15pm
Saturday and Sunday
- 10.30pm – 11.30pm
- 11.45pm – 12.45pm
- 1.00pm – 2.00pm
- 4.45pm – 5.45pm
The Open Swim Sessions at Pall Mall are:
Monday to Friday:
- 1.30pm – 2.30pm
- 2.45pm – 3.45pm
- 4.00pm – 5.00pm
Saturday and Sunday
- 1.00pm to 2.00pm
- 2.15pm – 3.15pm
- 3.30pm – 4.30pm
Pall Mall Open Swim is bookable via the online Booking Centre. Please note children must be 7 years and over to use Pall Mall.
At Woodcote Park, these sessions are no longer bookable via the website – please email Cedars Reception: CedarsReception@RoyalAutomobileClub.co.uk
Vulnerable Person Swim Sessions
A vulnerable person is someone who:
- is 70 or older
- has a lung condition that is not severe (such as asthma, COPD, emphysema or bronchitis)
- has heart disease (such as heart failure)
- has diabetes
- has chronic kidney disease
- has liver disease (such as hepatitis)
- has a condition affecting the brain or nerves (such as Parkinson’s disease, motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis or cerebral palsy)
- has a condition that means they have a high risk of getting infections
- is taking medicine that can affect the immune system (such as low doses of steroids)
- is pregnant