Purpose and Values
The Club strives to remain one of the foremost private members’ clubs in the world and aims to provide our 17,000-strong membership with a first-class service offering high-quality accommodation, dining, recreation, sports facilities and an extensive events programme for the enjoyment of its members and their guests.
As the longest-standing motoring institution in the UK, the Club respects the aims of its founders and seeks to promote the best interests of motorists and motor sports at every opportunity.
Members, management and staff are guided by the Club’s values:
- To focus continually on the needs of members as the basis of the Club’s present and future health.
- To encourage tolerance and consideration between members, within a diverse member-owned club.
- To encourage a welcoming and friendly environment for members and their guests.
- To respect the Club’s heritage – motoring, social, sporting and architectural – within a sustainable contemporary context.
- To provide a wide variety of high-quality facilities and services that are good value for money and exceed members’ expectations.
- To maintain the highest standards of club management for all members and employees.
The purpose and values of the Club as a national institution require the Club to retain some personal information for extended periods of time, in order to sustain the Club’s heritage.