Men: jacket (suit, blazer or sports jacket), tie and fully button-fronted collared shirt tucked in with tailored trousers, corduroys, chinos or moleskins.
Women: smart attire (dress, tailored trousers or skirt with a smart top or shirt), business attire or other clothing of appropriate formality.
In June, July and August, men are not required to wear jackets or ties.
As above except that a tie is not required.
As above except that neither jacket nor tie is required. Sweaters over a shirt and short sleeve button-fronted shirts are permitted. Women should dress with equivalent formality. Smart denim may be worn in the Long Bar at weekends but access must be via the squash courts not the Club Room.
Gym and spa appropriate clothing, including trainers, tracksuits, jogging attire and dressing gowns.
Weekends are considered as from 5.00pm on Friday until 11.00am on Monday. The weekend dress code applies on bank holidays.
• Jeans or denim wear – including trousers, dresses, skirts, jackets, and shirts – of any colour (except in the Long Bar at weekends or in direct transit to the sports and spa areas or to your bedroom).
• Hats, caps and hoodies.
• Strapless, flimsy, transparent and very low-cut tops/shirts/blouses, except for formal evening wear.
• Rollneck/sweater without a shirt/turtle neck (applies to men only).
• Exposed midriffs.
• Cargo/combat pants.
And, other than appropriate sportswear in the sports and spa areas:
• Flip-flops, casual sandals, sports trainers/sneakers, casual boots, hiking shoes/boots, wellington boots and ‘Ugg’–style boots. Any shoes in a distressed condition.
• Leisurewear, such as shorts (applies to men only), polo shirts, T-shirts, items with large logos and leggings (even leather) except under dresses.
Click here for guidance on footwear.
Telephone calls may only be taken in the phone booths on the ground floor adjacent to the Club Shop or in the Simms Centre. Personal handheld electronic equipment may be used in silent mode in all public areas of the clubhouse except in:
• The Turkish Baths (other than in a cubicle by a member who is sleeping there overnight between 10.00pm and 6.00am)
• Any changing rooms, to ensure the privacy of other users.
The use of larger electronic equipment, including laptops, is prohibited in all areas except the Simms Centre, the Library and pre-booked banqueting rooms.
Business Meetings and Papers
Business meetings may be held or business papers may be used only in the Simms Centre or in a banqueting room booked for the purpose.