The operation of the ‘summer dress code’ at Pall Mall has been extended, recognising that under current COVID-19 restrictions many members’ offices have adopted a more relaxed approach to working practices, and that the dress code is not intended to stop members coming into their own Club.
Members and their guests are asked to dress appropriately for the Club environment, time of day and occasion. The following is acceptable at all times throughout the clubhouse, although the Cocktail Bar and Great Gallery tend to be more formal in the evenings:
A collared shirt or polo shirt, tucked in, with tailored trousers, corduroys, chinos or moleskins. Jackets and ties are not required.
Please dress with equivalent formality.
This dress code and the banned items apply to anyone aged 13 or above.
• Anything with a potentially offensive slogan, that is dirty or torn or is inappropriately revealing (exposed midriffs are not acceptable).
• Blue denim wear (including jeans, trousers, dresses, skirts, jackets and shirts) except in the Long Bar at weekends or while in direct transit between the main entrance or your bedroom and the sports and spa areas.
• Hats, caps and hoodies.
• Cargo/combat pant style trousers.
And, other than appropriate sportswear in the sports and spa areas:
• Leisurewear, such as shorts (applies to men only), T-shirts, items with large logos and leggings (even leather) except under dresses.
• Flip-flops, casual sandals, sports trainers/sneakers, casual boots, hiking shoes/boots, wellington boots and ‘Ugg’–style boots, or any shoes in a distressed condition. For further guidance on footwear, please click here.
SPORTS, TURKISH BATHS AND TREATMENT AREAS
In these areas (and while travelling to / from these areas) sportswear, trainers, jeans and denim are acceptable. Dressing gowns may be worn between your bedroom and the sports and spa areas but only if going via the lifts.
Please adhere to the dress code published for the specific event you are attending. If you are unsure what this is, please check the information on the events listing on the Club website or on your confirmation letter.
OUTERWEAR AND LUGGAGE
Outerwear and luggage (including umbrellas and carrier bags) may not be kept in the public spaces of the clubhouse. They must be left in the cloakrooms or your bedroom, or can be deposited in the banqueting room if you are attending a function.