In line with clarification from the Government, we are pleased to be able to offer the services of Joyce Newman at Pall Mall, and Jeremy Hill at Woodcote Park as sports injury therapists for pain management. The treatments will be 25 minutes or 45 minutes only.
The services will initially be available as follows:
Pall Mall – Joyce Newman
- Wednesdays 2.00pm to 6.00pm
Book via Pall Mall Sports Reception email: SportsRecept@RoyalAutoMobileClub.co.uk
To start Wednesday 10 March
Woodcote Park – Jeremy Hill
- Mondays 10.00am to 6.00pm
Book via Cedars Sports Reception email: CedarsReception@RoyalAutomobileClub.co.uk
To start Monday 8 March
Please note that the Reception desks are not manned at this time, so please use the appropriate email address.
The requirement is very precise and relates only to need for specific treatment of injury and pain. Unfortunately, this means that massage for relaxation or regular maintenance is not permitted.
However, if you are suffering from a physical ailment that is clinically diagnosed and/or causing pain, then following a phone consultation with the therapist, they are permitted to administer in-person, direct contact treatment if that is deemed appropriate.
The required criteria for treatment is:
- Face to Face appointments and treatments are agreed in collaboration with the client only after a remote/online screening and history taking process has been performed and Face to Face has been deemed necessary
- Face to Face appointments and treatments may be deemed necessary if they would prevent escalation of a condition which may require access to NHS services, or which will have a dramatic detrimental effect on daily living
- Face to Face appointment times must be kept to an absolute minimum
- Massage must not be the main focus of the Soft Tissue Therapy appointment
- Massage for relaxation and as a regular maintenance treatment is not permitted during this lockdown
- Therapists must clearly document the process of clinical decision making in their notes with particular attention on the justification for Face to Face appointment