The Mors Tonneau was produced in France in 1901 by the Mors Company and registered to Mssr Ruilliard Fernand in September of that year. After his death the car was sold by his son and acquired by Mr SE Sears in 1937 as an addition to his car collection in England. Extensive restoration was carried out over a number of years by the Sears family, including fitting the fine pair of Polkey paraffin lamps that remain in full working order today.
The Royal Automobile Club purchased the Mors from the Sears family in the early 1980s. The Club has, over a number of years, carried out extensive work on the car to preserve it, maintaining the fine and usable condition you see it in today. It was repainted in the Club blue and re-registered RAC 1 in the late 1980s (the Simms 1900 bears 1 RAC).
The Mors has completed more than 20 Bonhams London to Brighton Veteran Car Run ‒ driven by senior Club members, including HRH Prince Michael of Kent.