The summer running route from Pall Mall is very scenic. There are many sights to take in whilst you are running: not just the ducks on the Serpentine, but also the fountains in the Italian Gardens in Kensington Gardens, the bronze sculpture of Peter Pan and, on returning along the southern path of the Serpentine, the Diana Princess of Wales Memorial Fountain
A map of our usual running route can be downloaded here.
A recommended route for beginners, who have some level of cardio fitness from using the gym, is to run around the perimeter of both St James’s and Green Park, which is three miles.
- Come out of the Club, turn left and run along Pall Mall towards St James’ Palace.
- Turn left into Marlborough Road and continue on to the Mall.
- Turn right onto the path that runs along the Mall and run towards Buckingham Palace.
- After 200 yards turn right into Green Park and take the path (on a slight incline) up towards Green Park underground station and Piccadilly.
- At the junction turn left onto the path in the path that runs parallel to Piccadilly towards Hyde Park Corner.
- Near Hyde Park Corner follow the perimeter path left then left again and run down the path that runs alongside Constitution Hill. At the end of Constitution Hill, cross the Mall and head into St James’s Park.
- Follow the perimeter path around the park along Birdcage Walk and left along the path that follows Horse Guards Road.
- At the intersection of Horse Guards Road and the Mall cross the Mall and take the steps up to Waterloo Place into Pall Mall.
- Run left along Pall Mall towards the clubhouse.
We have a number of routes that take in Epsom Downs which is on our doorstep, covering 3-5 miles/5-8km. There are other courses extending to Ashtead, Epsom Common, Headley, and other areas, over slightly longer distances.