ROUTES AND DOWNLOADS
Rides from Woodcote Park
A selection of road and off-road rides are listed below or you can visit the new “Walking and Cycling” section of the Club website. The individual route “links” below will take you to the Strava website and associated route summary. We intend to publish GPX files for these routes in the downloads section below. In the meantime should you require a GPX file for one of the listed rides then please contact Cycling. Alternatively, if you subscribe to Strava, you’ll will be able to print and export the GPX file yourself. Initial subscription is free.
Route recommendations may be incomplete and/or inaccurate and may contain sections of private land and/or sections of terrain that could be challenging or hazardous. Always use your best judgement about the safety of road and trail conditions and follow traffic and property laws. Please also read our Ride Disclaimer.
Epsom Rail Station – If you are coming from London you may want to take your bike on the train as Woodcote Park is a short ride from Epsom Station. Trains arrive on a regular basis from London Victoria and Waterloo stations. Please check timetables and conditions of use.
Captain’s Drive – A half mile hill sprint used in our annual Captain’s Drive Cycle Challenge. Or it can be used as a short and leisurely ride to Epsom Downs. Steep in parts and suitable for road and off-road bikes.
Box Hill Loop – A quick 19 mile ride to West Humble prior to the climb via Box Hill to Headley and back to The Club via the Captain’s Drive. There are Cafe stops at West Humble Station (Pilgrims Cafe and Cycle Shop) as well as The National Trust Cafes at the top of Box Hill. They are all bike friendly. If you don’t intend to stop at West Humble you can head straight up Box Hill via Zig Zag Lane before reaching the A24. You can return to The Club avoiding Box Hill using the combined cycle/footpath from West Humble to Ashtead.
Newdigate Cafe Ride – Leave The Club via the Captain’s Drive on this 32 mile ride and head to Betchworth. Stop at the cyclist friendly Cafe at Newdigate before returning to the Club via Box Hill or return avoiding Box Hill from West Humble.
Legs of Rubber Legs of Steel – 40 miles of climbing in the Surrey Hills!
Epsom to Brighton – A 45 mile route to Brighton used for the annual ride to Brighton to watch the Veteran Car Run. Cycle back or take the train back to Tattenham Corner via East Croydon from Brighton. Tattenham Corner is the closest station to Woodcote Park but you need to use the Captain’s Drive Entrance. When you come out of the station, head towards the Grandstand using Tattenham Corner Rd. Cross over the round-about and down Ashley Rd towards the traffic lights. At the light turn left into Langley Vale Rd. Under the bridge and take the second on the right which is a drive with gates just past the Holiday Inn road. Use the pedestrian gate and head down the drive towards the Clubhouse.
Club 100 mile route – An endurance ride through stunning countryside and rolling hills. The route heads out via Cobham and returns via Box Hill taking in the Newlands Corner Climb, Wornesh, Kidford (with its useful village store/cafe) and many more villages and country lanes.
Box Hill Ride. A 13 mile off-road route taking in the fantastic scenery around Box Hill, Headley and Epsom Downs. Return using the Captain’s Drive Entrance. Challenging in parts.
Colley Hill Ride. A 12 mile (return) off-road route through Epsom Downs, Walton on the Hill and a gentle climb to Colley Hill before returning using the same route. Use the Captain’s Drive and entrance to start and end this ride.
Round the Borough Bike Route. Epsom & Ewell Borough Council have created The Round the Borough Hike and Bike (RBHB) route. The RBHB is an off-road route approximately 20 miles long that joins up the beautiful spaces in Epsom and Ewell. This includes Epsom Downs, Epsom Common Local Nature Reserve (LNR), Nonsuch Park, the Hogsmill LNR and Horton Country Park LNR.
The route is permanently marked with discs and can be completed at any time of the year. We suggest using off-road cycles if you are intending to cycle the route. Maps, including a smartphone version, can be downloaded from the EEBC website. You can join the route from the Woodcote Park Clubhouse by cycling up the Captain’s Drive, turning left through the gates at the top and then head to Epsom Downs Racecourse. Alternatively, exit by the main entrance on Wilmerhatch Lane and turn right. This will lead you to the Wilmerhatch Lane/Loop Road junction on the route.
STRAVA & EVENTBRITE WIDGETS – TEST – UNDER DEVELOPMENT
Tab through each month to see all events scheduled for the year.
- Cycling Calendar 2017
- Action Point Summary 26 June 2017
- 31 July 2017 Action Point Summary
- Action Point Summary 21 August 2017
- Captains Drive CC 2017 Results
- Roll Up Ride Information
- Action Point Summary 25 September 2017
- Action Point Summary 30 October 2017
- Action Point Summary 20 November 2017
- Action Point Summary 18 December 2017
- 2018 Cycling Calendar
- Action Point Summary 29 January 2018
- Action Point Summary 26 February 2018
- Action Point Summary 19 March 2018
- Action Point Summary 30 April 2018
- Action Point Summary 24 May 2018
- Girona 2018 Summary
- Mallorca 312 2018
- Action Point Summary 25 June 2018
- Action Point Summary 30 July 2018
- Action Point Summary 20 September 2018
- Action Point Summary 29 October 2018
- Action Point Summary 26 November 2018
- Action Point Summary 17 December 2018
- 2019 Cycling Calendar
- Action Point Summary 28 January 2019
- Action Point Summary 25 February 2019
- Action Point Summary 29 April 2019
- Action Point Summary 20 May 2019
- Action Point Summary 24 June 2019
- PUBLISHED Action Point Summary Cycling Committee
- Cycling Committee Action Point Summary 30 September 2019
- cdcc results 2019
- Action Point Summary 28 October 2019
- Action Point Summary 25 November 2019
- Cycling Committee Action Point Summary 16 December 2019
- Action Point Summary 27 January 2020
- 2020 Cycling Calendar
- Cycling Committee Action Point Summary 24 February 2020
- Zwift instructions
- Zoom Instructions
- Action Point Summary 20 July 2020